===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Friday, May 27, 2011

Seven Years Ago Today

Seven years ago today –

BOB quit smoking.

It was totally unplanned.

This Is How I Did It.

I woke up one morning and thought –

I wonder how long I can go without a cigarette?

Mind you – I smoked almost a pack a day – for almost 40 years.

One or two before I left the house in the morning.

Another one on the drive to work.

Another one around 10:00AM.

Another two or three at lunch.

Another one around 3:00PM.

Another one on the drive home from work.

The rest in the evening while I watched TV.

BOB enjoyed smoking - every single one of them.

BOB did NOT enjoy the ANTI-smokers and their goody-goody, holier-than-thou attitudes.

Especially the total strangers who believed that it was their duty to tell me to quit.

Don't tell me to quit smoking - and I won't tell you to lose weight!!

But - one day I just woke up and wondered –

How long can I go without a cigarette?

I told myself two things -

1.    I can have a cigarette ANY TIME I want.
2.    But – if I have one - I have to start over counting.

I carried a brand–new – full – open pack of cigarettes in my purse for over a year.

First I made it through one hour -

Then two hours -

Then a whole day –

Then a week –

Then a month –

Then two months –

Then a year –

Then two years –

It has been seven years today –

I can have a cigarette ANY TIME I want.

But – if I have one - I have to start over counting.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good for you! (And I'll leave off all the garbage about how you're healthier and whatnot because I'm sure BOB already knows all that!)

Quilter BOB said...

Thanks, Katie! (And thanks for leaving off all the garbage - BOB is REALLY tired of hearing that! Makes her want to ask those people how much weight they have lost lately!)
^..^

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...