===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Thursday, March 24, 2011

BOB went to Target

BOB  went to Target one day.  The total came to $9.87.  I did some quick math in my head and figured I would get 13 cents change from a ten-dollar bill.  I don't like pennies - and I don't like dimes even more - so I gave the clerk a ten-dollar bill - and - twelve cents.

She looked at me - she looked at the money I had given her - she looked at the register - she looked back at me - she looked at the money I had given her - she looked at the register - about three times.

I could see that the ten-dollar bill didn't bother her - she had expected that.

It was the twelve cents that she didn't understand.

She started to give it back to me.

BOB told her to "Just key it in."  - so she did.

When it popped up 25 cents - she gasped and said "How did you do that?"

Before BOB could decide whether to explain the arithmetic -

or to say -

that while she (the clerk) had probably slept though math class - I had actually paid attention -

my husband said, "Magic!"

====

I think this story is sad.  Some people just don't know simple arithmetic or how to make change anymore - and I think that's sad.  If it doesn't show up on the register - they can't figure it out.

I think that's a real shame.  Now if I only knew what to do about it.

Maybe if they taught math in school??? 



But then again - it's probably just me.

1 comment:

Katie Z. said...

Oh, I do this all the time. People usually count twice before they key it in!

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...