===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Thursday, May 26, 2011

BOB doesn't do digital magazines

BOB keeps getting emails touting the digital version of a certain magazine. BOB does not want a digital version of any magazine. BOB sent the following email in reply - This business of doing me a favor by making it digital is crap.  I want a paper magazine that I can read in bed or under a tree - eyestrain is not the issue - printing the magazine is.  You want to put the burden of printing it on me when it should be on you - that's what I'm paying for.  I'm already paying for your magazine so the very least you can do is spend the money on paper and ink to print it and mail it to me on a regular basis.  If you ever decide to make your magazine available only in a digital format - I will cancel my subscription. BOB can really be a Bitchy Old Broad at times. Unfortunately - the company that sent me the email was not the publisher.  The poor person on the receiving end of my rant very graciously replied and provided me with the name of the publisher and an email address - so that I could contact them if I had a problem with my subscription.  Oops!!  Sorry, poor person - I really shouldn't send emails when I'm pissed. But this is - to me - very similar to the situation with BORDERS - "they" want me to do their job for them and I don't like it! If this magazine goes digital - and I''m sure it will eventually - the following is bound to happen - I will cancel my subscription - no big deal there, I'm sure - the company that prints the magazine will no longer have this magazine to print - the company that supplies the paper and ink to the printer will no longer need to - the company that manufactures the printing presses will no longer need to - the company that services/repairs the machinery and premises will no longer need to - all of those people will lose their jobs - all because they want me to do it myself!! C'mon, people - don't you see a trend here???? But then again - it's probably just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...