===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Friday, November 4, 2011

BOB and Another Black Hole

BOB and Another Black Hole


Told you I had to get a new printer -

Seems that my model has ink problems - here - (the pink blurb) -
(Emphasis added by me)

Epson Workforce 610 and 615
When making cartridges there are two factors the manufacturer has to consider: 1) that the chip is fully compatible with the printer and 2) that the ink formula is engineered to work properly. The Workforce 610 and 615 use the same cartridges as the Workforce 500, 600 and numerous others. The ink formula is the same. Yet for some reason, we are getting more complaints (about 5% vs 1%) with the Workforce 610 than any other model. The complaints have to do with the printer eventually "losing a color" - usually black - after some months of use. Even head cleanings does not solve it. It appears that the narrow hoses which carry ink to the print head became filled with air which broke the vacuum effect needed to suck ink to the head. Now all or most Epson printers use this method to transport ink. We have no idea why this problem only seems to occur with some Workforce 610s. We suspect a manufacturing defect in some of these printers. 95% of our customers with Workforce 610 have been using them for many months without a problem. We don't have enough feedback on the Workforce 615 to indicate a pattern.
Incidentally, if you do have this problem with any Epson printer, we have a $7 Epson printer head cleaning kit which solves this problem almost all the time.


=====

I like how you have to PAY -

For a POSSIBLE solution -

I also think that the damn thing should work -

When you BUY it -


But then again - it's probably just me.

1 comment:

Katie said...

But it's ONLY $7! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. OR...you could return the whole darn thing and use your money to buy another brand altogether. Becuase it's clear they want to keep your business...

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...