===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

BOB rented a video

BOB rented a video


Once upon a time –

BOB and her family went to the grocery store.

DAD went one way – to get the groceries -

While BOB and the kids went to the section where they rented out videos.

(Yeah – I know – the "olden” days – before Blockbuster – Netflix – and DVR’s.)

Anyway –

After selecting a couple of videos –

BOB went to “check out” -

And was told -

“You can’t check these out – your name isn’t in the computer.”

BOB said –

“So – put my name in the computer.” (Duh!)

The young female clerk said –

“We can’t do that – you need your husband’s permission to be on the account.”

To which BOB replied –

“We have been married a VERY long time – I don’t need my husband’s PERMSSION for anything!”

BOB’s husband has always had impeccable timing –

And showed up right on cue.

He asked what was going on –

And BOB told him.

He told the young female clerk to add my name in the computer –

Which she did.

=====

I think that this one is funny –

Because -

The young female clerk didn’t even ask my husband who he WAS –

Or ask for his ID!!

Me – I didn’t have PERMISSION –

Him – he could have been anybody!!



But then again – it’s probably just me.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ah yes, I remember the days when you could rent movies (back then it was beta vs. VHS) at the grocery store. Actually, in some small towns, you still can... I remember getting that first account (well, my parents getting it) and them having a terrible fit about needing to give them a credit card number they could charge something like $500 to in case you didn't return the video. You can now find those movies in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. :) I also remember in high school checking out many movies, telling the clerk I was my friend. All I needed to know was her name and birthday and VOILA! movie! Times certainly have changed, though adding yourself to the hubby's account STILL wouldn't be allowed, but this time it would be because you might be an estranged ex-wife out for revenge! :)

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...