===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

BOB doesn't do online banking

BOB doesn’t do online banking
or bill paying.

BOB doesn’t trust herself to do that.

I had a client once who paid his phone bill - and added an extra digit - $300 became $3300.

BOB can't afford to make that kind of mistake.

One time I paid a bill – and couldn’t for the life of me figure out why I had a “credit” balance forward from the prior month.

Seems that the month before I had paid the check number instead of the amount I actually owed - good thing the check number was larger than the bill or I would have been in trouble
.
Then there was the time I was paying the bills – and I couldn’t find one of the checks I had written the week before.

I don't get a bill from the guy who mows our lawn (mow/blow/go/Joe) until the last Thursday of the month - but I usually write his check along with a bunch of other ones the week before.

Monday I went looking for his check.  It wasn't in the usual place.  My husband said he hadn't seen it.  Where the hell had I put that check?  Couldn't figure it out.

Opened the mail on Tuesday.  The credit card company sent me back Joe’s check - 'cuz it wasn't made payable to them. 

So – now BOB takes her time and checks it and re-checks it again.

BOB doesn’t pay her bills on line – she doesn’t dare.



But then again - its probably just me.

4 comments:

Margie said...

One time I sent a charity donation and made the check for the number of the check. They called me since my donations are usually $50 or under. So glad someone else did this!

Quilter BOB said...

Margie - I am pretty sure that we are not alone!
^..^

Rose said...

I so agree with you! I'm too much of a control freak to let someone else do my bills/banking. Working with figures all of my life, I know only too well how easy it is to screw things up. Besides, have you noticed how inept people are becoming?

Katie M. said...

I'm the complete opposite - I do almost all my banking on-line. When I buy fabric, I do 85% of it on-line. If I could figure out a way to grocery shop on-line, I would! The one thing I absolutely hate ----- self check-out! They don't give me a discount for doing an employee's job not to mention, how many jobs were actually lost for self check-out??? Okay, not my blog, I'm shutting up :-)

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...