===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

BOB has an appointment next Wednesday

BOB has an appointment next Wednesday

BOB got a call from the doctor’s office earlier this week –

It went something like this –

She – twenty/thirty-something female clerk –
I’m calling to reschedule your appointment this Thursday.

BOB –
I don’t have an appointment this Thursday.  My appointment is next Wednesday.

She –
Next Wednesday?  Oh, you’re right.  I see it here on the computer.

BOB –
And the reason I don’t have an appointment this Thursday is that you called me last week and you rescheduled it for next Wednesday.  You put it on Wednesday but you forgot to take it off Thursday, didn’t you?

She –
Oh.

=====

This is a STUPID story.

Back in the “old” days – we wrote tax appointments on a piece of paper with a pen -

When someone called to reschedule – we crossed it off one day and wrote it in on the other day – with a note on the "old" date that it had been rescheduled to the "new" date - simple.

Nowadays – "The computer does it."

But the computer ONLY does what the user tells it to do!

The user has to “use” some brains and do BOTH steps.

You can "ADD" the appointment to the NEW date –

but you also have to "DELETE" it from the OLD date.

The computer can’t DO it unless you tell it to!!

This “adventure” ranks right up there with the phone calls BOB gets the night before to remind her that she has an appointment the next morning.

AND THEN THEY SAY that if BOB wants/needs to cancel the appointment that she must give them 24 hours notice!!

How the hell is she supposed to do that when they barely give her 12!!

When she complained – all she got was “Oh, the computer does that!”

What - the computer programs itself?

How does the computer know to call me?

How does the computer know when I have an appointment?

Doesn't SOMEONE have to tell it?

Idiots. 

To them I say - 

Get your shit together -

The baby boomers are coming –


and, Bob, for one, is getting tired of dealing with stupidity and incompetence.



But then again – it’s probably just me.

1 comment:

Katie said...

And they call to remind you AFTER they've closed for the day, right? The best one around here was a call my hubby got for a dentist appointment ON a holiday - they scheduled it, then left a voicemail to confirm. He called early that morning (the next opportunity they were open) to figure out what was up and noone answered (can we charge you the $25 cancellation fee?)...he does schedule the next appointment when he's finishing up paying, so it's 6 months in advance, but wouldn't you think the computers would have holidays programmed in? It kinda scares me to see this next generation growing up not knowing how to interact or perform tasks without a computer being involved...what will happen when they're old enough to be in charge?!

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...