===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

BOB has some UFOs

BOB has some UFOs

Actually - BOB has A LOT OF UFOs.

BOB also has the attention span of a gnat.

BOB likes everything she sees - 
and shiny things, too - 

and wants to try every technique she can find -

and wants to make every quilt in the world!

But that's not happening - 

not enough time left - 

SO - 

BOB tries a little of this - 

and a little of that - 

all the time - learning - learning - learning new stuff - 

and HAVING FUN!!

BOB doesn't understand the whole UFO thing - 

you know - the - "ALL UFOs MUST BE FINISHED!" - thing

WHY??

WHO SAYS??

Do you have to finish EVERY book you ever start to read?
BOB just couldn't get through "Wicked" - sorry - just not my thing!
The musical might be great - but the book sucked - big time!

Do you have to finish EVERY bit of the food you cooked for dinner?
You can't ever have left-overs?
You can't ever throw them away?

Do you have to eat EVERYTHING in your refrigerator before it spoils?
You can't ever replace the milk because it has expired?

BOB thinks some things are worth doing - 
and some things are a total waste of time.

BOB likes to work on something -
until she figures it out -
then she moves on -

Sometimes the colors don't work - 
Sometimes the instructions suck -
Sometimes - she just gets bored - 

Some of her UFOs date back many years - 

but -

WHO CARES!!

BOB will work on them - 

WHEN and IF she wants to - 

or start a new project - 

whenever she wants - 

It's her hobby - 

and her rules!!

SO - 

NEW RULE - 

You can never have too many UFOs!!



But then again - it's probably just me.




3 comments:

Katie M. said...

Okay, Question here: If you try a technique without 'planning' to make a quilt, is it considered a UFO? Are 'orphan' blocks considered UFO's because they aren't 'finished'? I have more garment sewing projects that are UFO's than quilting......

Dayquilt said...

I'm with you! I have lots of UFOs because this is MY hobby, and right now, I like piecing. I don't like quilting or binding. (Guess I'm not really a "quilter" then, am I?) Maybe someday, I'll like quilting, and then I'll have lots of tops to quilt, or maybe I'll just die and someone else can do the bits I don't like to do - I won't care, I'll be dead.

Dayquilt said...

PS you need to add the new rule to the rules list at the top

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...