===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BOB and Jack Reacher

BOB and Jack Reacher

This morning - on my other blog

I posted this question –

  • If they made a movie – who should play Jack Reacher?


My answer was -

Josh Brolin. I heard/read somewhere that “they” were thinking of making a Jack Reacher movie - based on the books written by Lee Child – and casting Tom Cruise as Jack. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! If they cast Tom Cruise – they will ruin the whole thing – and I, for one, won’t watch the movie. Jack and Josh are “tall, dark, and handsome” - Tom is short and creepy. That’s just my opinion – I could be wrong.

Then Mad about Craft asked who Jack Reacher was.

Very good question –

I knew -

but how to explain to someone who had never heard of him??

So I did what everyone does –

I googled “Jack Reacher” –

And I found a link to Lee Child’s website

Then I emailed her back and said -

Jack Reacher is the main character in a series of books by Lee Child. Rather than try to explain - here's a link to Lee Child's website.
http://leechild.com/

And I guess I'm too late - they already cast Tom Cruise.

============

But that’s not my rant – 

THIS is my rant –

Not only did I find Lee Child’s website –

I found THIS – here -

with a photo of Lee GRANT.

Somebody needs to tell them that - 

Lee GRANT is NOT Lee CHILD!!

According to Wikipedia – here

Jim Grant's pen name is Lee CHILD

And Lee GRANT -

According to Wikipedia - here -

Is a woman – and an academy award winning actress – and a film director -

NOT the author of the Jack Reacher novels!!

Good grief!!

Doesn’t anyone check ANYTHING anymore??



But then again – it’s probably just me.


1 comment:

Sue said...

I think you are qualified to tick the "I am highly knowledgeable about this topic (optional)" box at the bottom of the Wiki page and rate the page accordingly!

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...