===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BOB and the new century

BOB and the new century


The question is - 

What was the date (MM/DD/YY) of the first day of this new century?

The answer is - 

01/01/01

January 1, 2001

What else would it be?

I know – some of you think it was January 1, 2000 –

01/01/00

But - you must admit - that doesn’t even LOOK right - 

It amazes BOB that something that should be so obvious has to be explained.

And then to have people - intelligent people - argue with you – simply amazing!!

BOB found a link to a website that I think explains it pretty well – here -

BOB is going to use that - no use trying to re-invent the wheel, right??

Assuming anyone will read BOB - or even care...

=====

Then - just for fun –

BOB asked three of her grandsons the same question –

Grandson #1 (age 16) said - January 1, 2000

Grandson #2 (age 14) said - January 1, 2001

Grandson #3 (age 12) said - Tuesday**

BOB thinks that one out of three is pretty bad -


But then again – it’s probably just me.


**Note - 01/01/01 was a Monday - in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Tuesday? I think you might have a smart-aleck there...

Sue said...

It is surprising how many mathematical misconceptions there are. It all boils down to the difference between belief and fact, I think.

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...