===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Widowhood Wednesday - 10/8/14

DISCLAIMER -
This is NOT intended to be professional advice of ANY sort!!
Please talk to your attorney and accountant about your affairs -
Your situation is unique to YOU!!
This is simply some of what I did - and it may or may not be -
What you want/need to do when the time comes - ;))
==========



My husband died on a Thursday -

So the next day - Friday -

I contacted the first batch of BUSINESS people -

And another FAMILY member -

Then I was able to concentrate on notifying -

More FAMILY and FRIENDS -

Over the weekend -

Before contacting more BUSINESS people on Monday - ;))

The first three BUSINESS people I notified were -

Our Attorney - for “Family Trust” issues -
It seems that nobody makes a “Will” these days -
Having a “Family Trust” is the current rage -

Our Accountant - because I don’t DO our taxes anymore - haha -
And the IRS and State Income Tax Dept need to know that he died -
And the accountant can take care of that for me -

Our Financial Advisor - who handles our IRA’s -
We each have one -
And they each have beneficiaries -
In the event of our deaths -

And as I made my calls -

I made a note of who needed a “Certified” copy of the Death Certificate -

And who would accept a “regular” copy -

Because the dang things are expensive -

And I didn’t want to get more than I needed - ;))



PLEASE REMEMBER -
This is simply some of what I did -
And it may or may not be what you want or need to do -
When the time comes - ;))



===
HOMEWORK -

Make a list of BUSINESS contacts to notify -

Your Attorney - if you have one or have a “Family Trust” -
Your Accountant - if you have one do your taxes -
Your Financial Advisor - if you have one or any investments or IRAs -






No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...