===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Widowhood Wednesday - 10/15/14

==========
DISCLAIMER -
This is NOT intended to be professional advice of ANY sort!!
Please talk to your attorney and accountant about your affairs -
Your situation is unique to YOU!!
This is simply some of what I did - and it may or may not be -
What you want/need to do when the time comes - ;))
==========


That first Friday -

I made two more BUSINESS calls - ;))

My husband got a pension from his former employer -

And I had a copy of one of his checks in the binder -

Thinking that was all I needed -

BUT -

Nowhere on the check was a PHONE NUMBER to call -

So I had to look that up -

And figure out exactly whom I needed to inform of his death - ;))

Also -

Our Medical and Dental Insurance Premiums -

Though his former employer -

Were deducted from his pension check -

And my premium changed from “Family” coverage to “Surviving Spouse” -

So I had to contact his former employer’s HR department -

To inform them and arrange for the payment of the new premiums - ;))



PLEASE REMEMBER -
This is simply some of what I did -
And it may or may not be what you want or need to do -
When the time comes - ;))



===
HOMEWORK -

Make a list of CURRENT/FORMER EMPLOYER contacts to notify -

PENSION people - if your husband gets a pension check -
Make a copy of the check -
AND -
Get the name and phone number of the person you need to notify in the event of his death -

HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT -
If Medical/Dental insurance is deducted from the pension check -
Get the name and phone number of the person you need to notify in the event of his death -

These people can also spread the word around the “office” -
And save you some phone calls and emails - ;))



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...