===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Friday, May 25, 2012

BOB and Latin

Way back when BOB was younger -

A loooooooooong time ago - ;))

LATIN was the language used in a Catholic Mass -

And -

Because BOB went to a Catholic school -

And attended Catholic Mass -

BOB learned a little LATIN -

And has often wondered why -

Latinos don't speak Latin - ;))



But then again - it's probably just me.



5 comments:

Linda C said...

I took Latin I as well though German (huh?) were offered as well. I was going into nursing so it was suggested. "Puer and puella" went on a "piccus-niccus" LOL, Latin is used so much in medicine that I know why I was urged to take it. Also it is the basis of all Romance languages.

The following year: the Latin teacher moved to Guam to teach English at servicepersons' children. The German teacher was fired and the school offered Spanish instead. Sadly, I could not fit it into my college prep class schedule.

Katie M. said...

this made me laugh.... not too long ago someone mentioned attending a service at a church (not Catholic) and the people were 'speaking in tougues'.... I responded with "yes, and the Catholics were condemned for doing the same thing... it was called Latin"
Yep, I,too, attended Catholic school for a couple years.......

Linda said...

WHAT???? Where the hell did that thought come from???? ROFL Certainly something to ponder when there is nothing else to think about. hahaha

Katie said...

Definitely a good question! My mom tells stories of attending mass in Latin as well, though claims to have understood none of it. But she can identify plants by genus and species while in a car going 70+ mph...though I doubt they taught plant Latin in church...

Sue said...

vos planto mihi rideo risi risum

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...