===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tax Day - 4/17/12



April 15th is usually Income Tax Day in the U.S.

This year it has been extended to April 17th -

But LHQ explained all of that -

This little rant is for those who aren’t going to get a REFUND -

And are pissed because they have to PAY taxes on April 15.

First off -

We ALL pay taxes -

Some just pay more than others - ;))

And even though it was a LONG time ago -

I still remember a section in my college Finance class workbook -

It applies as much today as it did WAAAAY back then -

It read -


Do not try to impute any logic into the Tax Law.

Your taxes are calculated this way -

Because CONGRESS says so!!



So if you want to get pissed -

Get pissed at CONGRESS!!


And secondly -

REFUNDS are NOT magic money -

They are REFUNDS because you PAID MORE during the year -

Than you OWED on your tax return -

And if you didn’t pay ENOUGH -

You have to pay the DIFFERENCE on April 15 -

Simple -

If you had MORE deducted from your paycheck -

Or PAID MORE on your quarterly “estimates” -

You probably wouldn’t have to pay any “DIFFERENCE” -

So -

If you want a $5000 refund next year -

Just PAY in $5000 MORE THAN YOU OWE on your Income Tax return - ;))


Oh -

And if you want to get seriously pissed -

Wait until you have to pay Income Tax AGAIN on your Social Security -

You know - the FICA - that they TAKE OUT of your check -

AFTER you have paid Income Tax on it - the first time -

Because - when you retire and actually get it PAID BACK to you -

CONGRESS has decided to call some of it “Income” -

So you get the honor of paying Income Tax on it - AGAIN -

Because CONGRESS says so!! ;))



But then again - it’s probably just me.



1 comment:

Mego said...

I love you! I just read TAX DAY and no s@#$! I just had to explain to my 20 year old WHY he owed $300 dollars. I had to explain WHY I told him to declare '0' and why when HR told you to take more deductions than you were due they were NOT the ones that had to pay what you OWE. And then I figured out his actual percentage of what he had to PAY and it wasn't so bad...on many of the crazy sites I see the whine 'but it's MY money'...yeah and your schools, your roads, your hospitals. I'm gonna link them to your site!

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...