===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Monday, March 5, 2012

BOB doesn't do "requests"

BOB has NEVER made a quilt -

For someone else -

Let me rephrase that -

BOB DOES make quilts for family and friends -

As gifts -

Which assumes that they WANT one - ;))

But BOB has NEVER made a "commissioned" quilt -

She learned her lesson -

A long time ago -

When a lady she knew -

Asked BOB to make some dresses for her.

The lady paid BOB for the fabric - pattern - time - etc. -

No problem.

BUT when the lady went to try the dresses on -

The lady said that they fit just fine -

But that they were too LONG -

And that she wanted BOB to shorten them.

BOB asked if she was SURE -

That she wanted the dresses cut down -

Because once they were cut -

BOB wouldn’t be able to add it back on.
(See NOTE below.)

The lady said that she was SURE -

And BOB cut them down -

Then -

The lady decided that she wanted -

To wear the dresses with a BELT -

And complained to BOB -

That she couldn’t do that now -

Because the dresses -

Were TOO SHORT!!

BOB gave her her money back -

And has NEVER made anything -

For anyone else again -

Unless it was something BOB wanted to make -

And BOB got to decide the size -

The color -

The design - etc.

BOB believes that -

You can’t please them -

And that -

You can’t give someone what he/she wants -

When they don’t know -

WHAT they want - ;))

NOW -

When anyone asks BOB to make a quilt for them -

She politely declines -

But offers -

To TEACH THEM HOW TO QUILT -

Funny how the person asking -

Is no longer interested - ;))



But then again - it’s probably just me.


**NOTE - And before you ask -
The dress/pattern design was such that it was NOT a typical "just lower the hem" situation. The fabric was jersey knit and the hem was a double top-stitch - trimmed after sewn. The shortening was NOT reversible.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Gee, I never thought to question WHY the shortening was irreversible until you told me why. I just accepted it as fact, but I guess that comes from having a mom who made dresses for (very, very skinny) me when I was younger and realizing that there were a LOT of swearwords involved when things didn't go right, so please don't make it harder. Thankyouverymuch.

Sue said...

It's amazing how quickly they lose interest, isn't it? How they don't have the time to learn.....but expect you to give up YOUR time to make something for them! There a members of my family who tell me not to make anything knitted or quilt related for them when I've never offered. They are always very taken back when I ask them what gave them the idea that I was considering making them something in the first place???

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...