===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Thursday, October 20, 2011

And they wonder why -

AND THEY WONDER WHY I'M CONFUSED -

Not long ago I got a form letter from my "Primary Care Physician" -

It said - and I quote -

"In order to assure your continued good health, our office staff regularly review (sic) patient charts. In reviewing your chart we have found you are in need of one or more of the tests/exams listed below.

  X   Complete Blood Panel

  X   Mammogram

  X   Colorectal Cancer Screening by Colonoscopy
(Please call our office to request a referral for a specialty consult.)

  X   Well Woman/Pap Smear
(Please call the office to schedule an appointment or inform our staff if you go elsewhere so we may make a note in our records.)

Your lab tests have been ordered electronically at ...

Please fast - ..."

Etc. etc. etc. -

SO -

Like a good girl -

I do the lab tests and schedule the mammogram and Well Woman exams.
(BOB will tell you about the mammogram some other day.)

The colonoscopy part had me confused -

I just had a colonoscopy two years ago -

So I didn't think I needed another one for a couple of more years -

But when I scheduled the Well Woman exam -

I also made sure to "request a referral for a specialty consult" for the colonoscopy.

AND -

I thought that the part about having to call them to "request a referral" was downright hilarious - seeing as how it was THEIR OFFICE that said I needed one in the first place!! Don't they talk to each other?? Guess not.

ANYWAY -

I waited - and waited - and waited - and waited for the referral/authorization - and never got one.

SO -

When I went to the doctor for my Well Woman exam - I told her about it -

and she said she would check on it for me.

TODAY -

I get a call from my "Primary Care Physician's" office -

telling me that they had called the "Specialty Doctor's" office -

and that he said that he didn't need to see me -

UNTIL 2015!!

Funny how -

In REVIEWING my chart -

They found ALL that other stuff -

BUT

They didn't see THAT!!



But then again - it's probably just me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...