===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

BOB went to class


I recently read a blog telling of a quilting class -

Where a mom had brought her new baby -

Three weeks old -

Awwwwwwwwww -

What a cutie!!

She had left her two older kids home with daddy -

But brought the baby to class - ;))

BOB finds it hilarious strange -

That DADDY can't/won't handle all three kids -

On class day -

But MOMMY is expected to handle all three kids -

EVERY day - ;))

But I digress -

Now I know that I am probably in the minority -

A - G - A - I - N -

But I don’t think -

That the mom should have -

Brought the baby to class -

Even if she was breastfeeding -

That's why they have breast-pumps - ;))

I think that it was rude and selfish of her -

Unless the class SPECIFICALLY invited children -

Don't get me wrong -

I am ALL FOR teaching kids to quilt -

And the younger - the better -

But you have got to admit -

That three weeks old is a bit young -

To get a full grasp of the basics - ;))

AND -

If I were another mom -

Who had arranged for a babysitter -

For my kids -

And signed up for a class -

I would not appreciate -

Another mom bringing HER baby to class -

I left mine at home -

On purpose -

So that I could get AWAY from kids -

And talk to some grown-ups in the daytime -

Only to have YOU bring YOURS??

thankyouthankyouverymuch -

And then I’m expected to smile -

And say Awwwwwwwwww -

What a cutie!!

When I would much rather say -

Awwwwwwwww, MAN!! -

Or -

Oh, CRAP!! -

Why didn't you tell me kids were allowed?? -

If I had known -

I wouldn't have gone to all of that trouble -

To make special arrangements -

I would have just brought MY kids, too!! - ;))



But then again - it’s probably just me.



4 comments:

Katie M. said...

Yes a 3 week old will probably sleep most (note most does not mean always) of the time, but there is still the distraction of a baby. And what about space? Even a tiny baby takes up space... I can appreciate a new mom with more little ones as home wanting to get out for a bit, but if you can't leave for a couple hours on your own - you're not getting 'out'..... I probably wouldn't have done it, but I would have been tempted to leave and request a refund....

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I probably would have not made a fuss - but I would have been fuming and tempted to do the same thing. One this is for SURE - if BOB had known beforehand - she would have not taken the class in the first place and just stayed home. Kids have their place - just NOT in class - ;))

Linda C said...

Makes you wonder if the next class is declared a "child free zone". You know there had to be some mumbling going on afterwards!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Probably not. The new mom probably belongs to whatever guild sponsored the class. BOB was just saying that she wouldn't want to sign up for a class somewhere - travel all the way to wherever it is - rent a room - show up for class - and THEN find out that some new mom had brought her baby. BOB doesn't like surprises - ;))

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...