===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

BOB and the check


Long story short -

We had a check for $4.67 -

And decided to cash it -

Rather than deposit it to our account -

BIG mistake -

Felt like “Target” all over again - ;))

===

My Other Half went to the bank -

Gave the kid/teller the check -

Told him that he would like to cash it -

And saw the confused look on his face -

The kid/teller had no clue how to “cash” it -

So My Other Half offered to give him 33 cents -

To make it an even $5.00 -

I swear -

And I have the receipt to prove it -

THREE transactions later -

#1 - Deposit to checking - $0.33

#2 - Deposit to checking - $4.67

#3 - Withdrawal from checking - $5.00

Comment for checking -
Cash Withdrawal -

Cash Received - 0.33
Check Received - 4.67
Cash Delivered - -5.00


And the kicker -

ID Source - Driver Lic

Should have just deposited the dang thing -

THAT would have been -

ONE transaction - ;))

As it turns out -

The kid/teller -

Was the SUPERVISOR!! -

And you wonder why I worry -

About this next generation - ;))



But then again - it's probably just me.



4 comments:

Linda said...

O.M.G!!!!!

Linda C said...

Good Lord! The supervisor cannot do simple math either? No wonder they worry about the US falling behind in science and math. Not worried enough to train qualified teachers perhaps?

Katie M. said...

I worked in a bank for 4 months. I was hired as the assistant manager with no previous banking experience. I was assured there would be training. After 4 months of 'wingin' it'..... gave up. I can't believe how many idiots work in banking.....

TDJ said...

IT IS NOT JUST YOU!!!

I was in a store and the cashier cleared the register before giving me my change and had to get out a calculator to figure out simple math. I finally told him what he owed me (it was $3 and change) and I had 3 kids screaming and tugging at me.

I always compliment money handlers when they count my change back to me. I teach my kids how to do it, it is a great skill to have and I am no math whiz.

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...