===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

BOB knits

BOB knits RIGHT-HANDED -

When BOB was a kid -
And asked her mother to teach her -
How to knit -

Her mother said that she would be damned -
If she was going to try to figure out -
How to do it LEFT-HANDED -
So that she could show BOB how -

So if BOB wanted to learn how to knit -
She would teach her -
RIGHT-HANDED -
Or not at all -

BOB's little sister - bob -
blind old bat -
On the other hand -
Never learned to knit -
At all -

Even though bob is/was -
RIGHT-HANDED -
Because she didn't want to -

And she didn't have to -
Because -
BOB's mother did it -
For her -

BOB did it herself -

BOB also taught herself -
How to crochet -
LEFT-HANDED - ;))


But then again - it's probably just me.








6 comments:

Linda said...

hahaha I have a feeling that you and bob were nothing alike. ;o)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

hehehe - not alike then - not alike now - ;))

Linda C said...

I like the small caps for sister bob. Made me giggle anyway.

I am a knitter from way back--when I was 12 it finally took as my mom was pregnant with the last one that summer and had no patience for helping me with my goof ups. A couple years later she thought me how to crochet as well but I still prefer knitting more. Thankfully, no problems with left or rightie instructions for us.

Really though, I think lefties tend to be more ambidextrous---probably out of necessity? One of out of 6 of us kids is a leftie. Not sure how many of the grands are.

Cindy Quilts said...

I learned to knit when I was a kid. I begged my spinster sister babysitters to teach me. One of them did... using pencils as knitting needles... and left-handed! I am right-handed, but I still knit that way today, only using real knitting needles! :)

Katie said...

I've heard of lefties teaching righties to knit (or was it crochet) by sitting across from the teacher and mirroring everything they do...each gets to use their dominant hand! But I suppose it's too late for that now... :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

The "mirror" method is the "standard" way of teaching lefties most things - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't.

To me - the "best" way for a Lefty to learn how to do something is to be shown how to do it by another Lefty and that's why A Left-Handed Quilter writes a Left-Handed Quilting blog - ;))

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...