===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Thursday, July 21, 2011

BOB should have

BOB should have


Not should OF -

Should HAVE is often shortened to

The contraction - SHOULD'VE -

And then pronounced

SHOULD - UV

Which sounds like

SHOULD OF -

But

IT SNOT.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Good point! I think people tend to pronounce words like they hear them spoken and sometimes people leave off the ending of their words. Being originally from the South, I am quilty of that also.
I'll never forget being in the 6th grade and having to write a paper in English class. I wrote "next store neighbor" because that was how I heard it pronounced. When the paper was returned to me there was a big red circle around my mistake and the teacher had written "next door neighbor" in the circle. Never made that mistake again. I also grew up hearing kitchen "zinc" instead of sink.

Dayquilt said...

If you kiss your honey
When your nose is runny
You may think it's funny
But it's snot

Sorry - I found BOB's blog today and I'm having waaaay to much fun reading your old posts!

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...