===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Monday, July 25, 2011

BOB wants to know

BOB wants to know -

Why people can't spell DEFINITELY correctly.

It is spelled - D - E - F - I - N - I - T - E - L - Y.

It's really not that hard to remember - E - I - I - E.

BOB hates misspellings - and typos just JUMP off the page right in her face!

BOB doesn't think that people realize that it makes them look stupid.

The problem these days seems to be that they don't CARE if they look stupid.

BOB just can't wrap her head around that AT ALL!

They don't read anymore.

They can't do math.

And now they aren't teaching cursive in schools anymore -

so much for readin', writin', and 'rithmetic, huh?

I have to laugh when they mix up words -

conversation - conservation

calvary - cavalry

know - no

knew - new

your - you're

their - there - they're

to - too - two

though - thought - through - thorough - tough


Hey guys - they're spelled differently - BECAUSE they are DIFFERENT WORDS!!



But then again - it's probably just me.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I so agree, but you knew (not new)
I would.

quilty mama said...

It's not just you. I hate typos, too. I local small town paper is full of them. I just met BOB today. I like her!

Linda C said...

too much reliance on spell check, me thinks.

I know this post is for the way back but I just found your blog this morning in a round-about way from your OTHER blog. (Farmer's Wife Sampler and copyright--companion CD) Surfing is fun.

I dearly love your post about UFOs! It should be printed off and distributed to any quilter that dares to utter, I have to finish up something before I can do (fill in the blank) and that includes ME. Heck, I'd even stitch it up in a sampler!

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...