===========
WARNING - BOB is my alter ego - Bitchy Old Broad.
BOB's adventures are basically rants - some funny - some silly - some stupid - some sad - some just plain bitchy -
depending on your point of view. Also be warned that I may cuss/swear on this blog. If that offends you - don't read it.
I'm a grown-up and I can swear if I want to. It's my blog. Also - these opinions are only my opinions - I could be wrong. ;))
If you haven't already - you may want to read my posts - Meet BOB - and BOB went to Target.
If you prefer not to read rants - STOP READING NOW!!
===========

Sunday, December 30, 2012

BOB and Easy Street


SPOILER ALERT -

BOB THINKS SHE HAS THE SOLUTION TO THE "EASY STREET" MYSTERY -

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW -

STOP READING NOW!!!
===================


By jove - I think I’ve got it!!

Just like last year - HERE -

BOB was having trouble getting to sleep the other night -

Waiting for Santa ;))

So she got to thinking about Bonnie Hunter’s Easy Street Mystery Quilt - HERE -

And just might have a solution to the mystery - ;))

BOB loves mysteries -

And has never been able to read one -

Without trying to figure out “whodunit” -

But if you are one of those who thinks that a mystery -

Should REMAIN a mystery -

Until you read the VERY last page -

And if you would rather not know -

And would rather be surprised -

I respect that -

Just don’t read Quilter BOB today -

STOP READING NOW!!!
===================



SO -

This is what BOB thinks -

And we all know BOB could be WRONG!!

BOB originally thought that with a quilt 84 x 84 -

And 3" "units" -

That the grid would be 28 x 28 = 784 units

And that 12" blocks set 7 x 7 would finish at 84 x 84 -

BUT -

WHAT IF YOU "REVERSE" IT - ;))

The blocks are 7" and set 12 x 12 -

No - 7" blocks won't work with 3" units -

And - the units are being made in multiples of 8 not 12 -

BUT -

WHAT IF -

The blocks are 21" and set 4 x 4 -

THAT would work with 3" units -

AND with 16 blocks -

THAT would work with units made in multiples of 8 -

SO -

WHAT IF -

ONE of these is our basic block -

#1 -


#2 -


#3 -

#4 -

#5 -

===

My favorite is #5 -

So let’s use that one -

And make 16 of them -

And then set them 4 across and 4 down -

And it looks like this??

A - in Bonnie’s colors -


B - in my colors -


BOB has NO IDEA if this is even close -

Or what Bonnie has planned for the last steps -

But -

This would be a really cool layout - don’t ya think?

Yeah - BOB thought so - ;))



But then again - it’s probably just me.



6 comments:

Linda C said...

BOB may be on to something! Don't need you losing any sleep thinking about quilts. Since there is no way I am likely to go see what BH is up to, I'll admire what you came up with, on target or not, LOL.

I like version 2 myself. And me personally--don't do mysteries as I am like you, can't read one without looking ahead to see the end BECAUSE I am a process kind of gal. I can know the end and then marvel at how the author got from point A to point B. It does not ruin it for me, at all.

Linda said...

WOW! AMAZING!! I'm speechless actually. Well...not really speechless but I'm sure impressed that's for sure. I love love love all of these blocks. Great job!!

Katie M. said...

I really like them all - I have downloaded all the 'clues' but just no time to pull fabrics and get started, When I do, I'm thinking mine will not be scrappy.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Mine is not as scrappy as some others. I cannibalized a couple of "kits" and have only a limited number of fabrics in each of the main colors. My "background" is a bunch of different fabrics because I keep running out -;))

Sue said...

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I like what you have done! I am still in a state of total confusion over it. My guess is flying geese in a brave new world with a kalaidoscope in the middle as one of the blocks.

Katie said...

You were close last year, weren't you? I like #5 the best as well. I almost did the mystery and then stopped myself...I'm still wary after the bat quilt so many years ago... But maybe if it turns out pretty I'll dig in and make my own after I know what it looks like! Thanks for the ideas. Even if the quilt doesn't turn out the way you predicted, that would be a great project! (And I like your colors, too.)

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog - where bitching and whining are definitely allowed!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...